Saturday, June 12, 2010

Breaking the stereotypes

It's common to hear stories of men being unfaithful. After all, they have the commitment issues, the biological urge to "spread their seed," and the oh-so-annoying habit of looking at younger women's short skirts. Wives, on the other hand, are usually painted as martyrs: waiting at home, taking care of the kids, loyally turning a blind eye.

But like all stereotypes, the black-and-white portrait of "Men Bad, Women Kawawa" is way of the mark. The movie Unfaithful, starring Diane Lane and Richard Gere, shows us that even Hollywood-the home of silly stereotypes-is beginning to accept that women have urges and are perfectly capable of acting on them. Even if it means cheating on their husbands.

Sister Harriet Hormillosa, President and Founder of Reintegration for Care and Wholeness (RCW) Foundation, Inc. says there is a remarkable rise in the number of women having extra-marital affairs. Of course, there are different degrees: it could be an office flirtation; a weekly rendezvous; or an open relationship where marriage is just a farce kept for the sake of the kids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my site

To all my visitors, readers, and to those who want to exchange links with me,just leave me a message on my chat box so that I can responds all of you, to visit back your respective websites and to add your links....thanks for dropping by...Follow me and I follow you....