Tuesday, June 22, 2010

To Use Or Not To Use SLANG

There is no doubt that slang has its place. It is used freely in informal conversation, and some of it works its way eventually into accepted usage. An example is the noun jazz which has been admitted into the language because it stands for a new idea for which no standard work previously existed. Although slang may add color and vigor to informal communication, it should be avoided in formal speaking and writing.

If we wish to express ourselves clearly and forcefully, we should avoid slang as much as possible in informal conversation and in intimate social letter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my site

To all my visitors, readers, and to those who want to exchange links with me,just leave me a message on my chat box so that I can responds all of you, to visit back your respective websites and to add your links....thanks for dropping by...Follow me and I follow you....