Sunday, September 5, 2010

Guidelines in Buying Poultry

Poultry is the general term fro domestic birds including chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese and game hens. Poultry is classified according to breed, weight and age. Younger poultry have the tenderest meat. Poultry is sold live, whole, dressed, drawn and cut in pieces.
Fresh poultry is creamy-white, smooth to touch, purplish in color and its flesh is plump and firm. The skin of frozen poultry should not have any dry areas. No fresh or frozen poultry should be purchased when the package is torn or leaking, to avoid the danger of microorganisms.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my site

To all my visitors, readers, and to those who want to exchange links with me,just leave me a message on my chat box so that I can responds all of you, to visit back your respective websites and to add your links....thanks for dropping by...Follow me and I follow you....