Thursday, September 2, 2010

Child Discipline

The real function of discipline is constructive correction of any misbehavior of a child. It is providing the child with the right direction and control necessary for decision-making especially with respect to rules and authority. With discipline a child understands his/her limitations and gives him/her a sense of security.
In establishing discipline parents and other people in-charge of taking care of the child should know the value of praising any act, initiative or positive behavior that a child may manifest. To children praising means love and concern.
When physical punishment is necessary, it must be appropriate for the gravity of offense and should be explained why it is being done to show him/her that the parent is really serious about the matter. Punishment should be used sparingly to avoid strained relationship between parent and child.
At this stage of development, adolescents ned encouragement and guidance in the complex process of growing up. Some negative attitude to be avoided by parents are over protectiveness, permissiveness and favoritism which are hindrance in administering discipline in children. Parents should be consistent and firm if they expect discipline to be effective.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my site

To all my visitors, readers, and to those who want to exchange links with me,just leave me a message on my chat box so that I can responds all of you, to visit back your respective websites and to add your links....thanks for dropping by...Follow me and I follow you....